Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rating correction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit rating correction

When I files BK  all my instalement accounts posted that I paid my accounts late. I was currenct when I filed and once filed I could no longer make payments. They knew I had filed adn this was adverse reaction which was imporper action against me. I can;'t seem to get the Fico to understand that these late payment were not late. Any idea on how to correct this? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit rating correction

If I understood you correctly, you paid all of your bills on time --- NEVER late.   Then you filed for BK.   AFTER you filed your BK, you stopped paying on your bills.

Those bills were included in the BK.   Now those same bills are reporting you "late".

** your beef would be with each creditor, not with FICO.

** you should notify each creditor that the bill was included in the BK filing and is reporting incorrectly.   

** they should correct the reporting.

--->  before you notify them, verify your filing date.  The date you went to an attny is NOT necessarily the date your BK was filed with the court.   It's entirely possible that your due date fell between the date you talked to an attny and your paperwork was filed with the court.  If that is the case, you were "late" and it's reporting accurately.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.