indiananorm

Credit report question

My Chapter 7 bankruptcy was discharged in 2009 and didn't  keep my house (I moved out at that time).  I just checked my credit report and my loan has been transferred to Ocwen.  My credit report says discharged in chapter 7 bankruptcy but in the comments section it says forclosure proceedings started.  Can this be reported this way??? 

And yes after the 3 years they have never foreclosed. 

Regular Contributor
jandj80

No.

If foreclosure proceedings were not started, then no, they cannot report that. You would have been notified if that was the case. Did you file a change of address when you moved? What became of the home? OWCEN is awful, I had an account with Litton that was paid off when we sold our house. Somehow, our paid off loan was transferred post BL to them, and even though I never once had OWCEN as a loan company, they still report 2 negatives on my credit. I have thought about sueing them, as I have even wrote letters directly to them with no reply. And they validate every dispute. They are hopeless. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 548 (Myfico) TU 655 (Walmart) CK 672 EX?? CS 642
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+