Mike1978

Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

I filed bankruptcy 6 years ago.  I kept my car and never made a late payment.  In 2006 I paid off my car. Is it normal that my credit report reflects a $0 balance and says Derogatory due to bankruptcy?

Established Contributor
granny031350

Re: Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

yes it is reporting correctly
Regular Contributor
dazednconfused

Re: Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

If you paid the car outside of bankruptcy and never paid late, it should be reporting as paid as agreed.  It should not report as derog due to BK [if paid as agreed outside of the BK plan].
Established Member
raisemyfico800

This should not say "Derogatory" if you did not make a late payment. I would dispute it with the credit bureaus.

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
steelfan

Mike1978 wrote:
I filed bankruptcy 6 years ago.  I kept my car and never made a late payment.  In 2006 I paid off my car. Is it normal that my credit report reflects a $0 balance and says Derogatory due to bankruptcy?

All you have to do is send them a copy of what accounts were included in the bankruptcy and they will correct it.  You can dispute online but they will just send you something in the mail asking you to provide the proof anyway

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+