cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

I filed bankruptcy 6 years ago.  I kept my car and never made a late payment.  In 2006 I paid off my car. Is it normal that my credit report reflects a $0 balance and says Derogatory due to bankruptcy?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

yes it is reporting correctly
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit report state bankrupcty but I paid the car off and made timely payments.

If you paid the car outside of bankruptcy and never paid late, it should be reporting as paid as agreed.  It should not report as derog due to BK [if paid as agreed outside of the BK plan].
Message 3 of 5
raisemyfico800
Established Member

This should not say "Derogatory" if you did not make a late payment. I would dispute it with the credit bureaus.

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike1978 wrote:
I filed bankruptcy 6 years ago.  I kept my car and never made a late payment.  In 2006 I paid off my car. Is it normal that my credit report reflects a $0 balance and says Derogatory due to bankruptcy?

All you have to do is send them a copy of what accounts were included in the bankruptcy and they will correct it.  You can dispute online but they will just send you something in the mail asking you to provide the proof anyway
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.