cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit reporting agencies correct Chap. 7 discharge errors but then they return again - frustrating

tag
WET

Credit reporting agencies correct Chap. 7 discharge errors but then they return again - frustrating

Hi, everyone.  I've been "lurking" for a number of months, but this is my first post.  My Chapter 7 discharge was April 2012, and I've managed to get all the errors & corrections done on all 3 (Equifax, TU & Experian) - but, am having LOTS of issues with my first & second Wells Fargo mortgages being listed as discharged.  I've done on line corrections with each several times, and have faxed documentation, etc. - here's the problem.  The WF home equity is showing up on 1 bureau as "in collections" and in another as "charge off" (for now, it might change again); listed on the other 1 as "included in Chapter 7."  Similar issues with the WF home mortgage - showing up on 2 as "included in Chapter 7" without any other info but showing up on 1 as "credit grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage" - and now shows as more than 90 days late.  So far, I've tried to correct the errors through the credit agencies - but, it seems like I get it corrected, then the next month some kind of auto reporting changes it back to either what it was or, in the case of the "reclaimed collateral" - it now shows as more than 120 days late.  I've contacted my bankruptcy attorney, and should hear back from him this week but wanted to ask those of you on the forum with some experience with this (especially if you have any experience with Wells Fargo reporting, post bankruptcy) for advice.  My current scores are Equifax 689 (was 698 till these new/wrong reports popped up again), TU is 647 (which is where the "reclaimed collateral just appeared), and Experian is 667.  I've managed to get a Discover card, and 2 Capital One cards (each with a $1000 limit) - and, refinanced my auto loan through Capital One at nearly 6% less than what my existing/reaffirmed loan was.  Since the agencies are listing what is being sent to them by WF, I presume I need to somehow correct this with them - but I am confused as to why they both (equity & mortgage) appear to be reporting different information to each of the 3 bureaus.  My last round of corrections with the 3 agencies was started in May, and all 3 have concluded their investigations - all with different results on their respective reports.  I appreciate any advice or any suggestions, thanks for the help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Royzo

Re: Credit reporting agencies correct Chap. 7 discharge errors but then they return again - frustrat

I would attempt to contact WF.  I have contacted them them in the past about a loan in default and they were great to work with.  Maybe they need to change a setting on your account so the auto reporting changes.

Starting Score: 562-October 2012 (BK discharged)
Current Score: 647
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.