Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score 600..515..504???

tag
OMIAHEART
New Contributor

Credit score 600..515..504???

BK7 discharged at end of May and my scores are so different. Equifax 600...Experian 515 and Transunion 504???  Why the 100 point swing?  Shouldn't they be all about equal?  I pulled all 3 reports and have done my first round of disputes for things not reporting correctly, but Dang I think that's a big swing!  I did open up a Credit One card (didn't have much of a choice on cards) and was approved.  It just reported and gave me a 20 point boost (hence the 600 for Equifax)!  I'm trying to figure out what I should app for but with these scores I'm afraid I'll get denied.  I did app for a secured card through my Credit Union Golden 1 so hopefully I'll get that...

Any suggestions???

Filed BK7 – 2/13 (discharged 5/13) (starting score 586)
myFICO EQ 1/2014: 617
myFICO TU 1/2014: 619
myFICO EX 1/2014: 635
Credit 1 - $500 / Cap 1 Sec. $300 / Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,500
Barclays Apple Card / $1700 / American Gen Loan $5,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit score 600..515..504???

@OMIAHEART wrote:

BK7 discharged at end of May and my scores are so different. Equifax 600...Experian 515 and Transunion 504???  Why the 100 point swing?  Shouldn't they be all about equal?  I pulled all 3 reports and have done my first round of disputes for things not reporting correctly, but Dang I think that's a big swing!  I did open up a Credit One card (didn't have much of a choice on cards) and was approved.  It just reported and gave me a 20 point boost (hence the 600 for Equifax)!  I'm trying to figure out what I should app for but with these scores I'm afraid I'll get denied.  I did app for a secured card through my Credit Union Golden 1 so hopefully I'll get that...

Any suggestions???

Where are you getting these score from?

While things in dispute, some accounts won't score the same. In addition, certain FICO scores score things differently. 

Are al lreports showing identical information?

It is not uncommon at all for those rebuilding and repairing credit to have 100+ differences.. it is alot more common than you think.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 4
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I started my post-BK cleanup in Jan. it took until May to get everything reporting correctly, except for one stubborn EQ account. And, then, in the last 2 weeks I had 3 new collections popup for BK'd accounts, a big no-no. One was removed within a few days, the other two should be gone in a couple more days. All my scores have been on a yo-yo for months, and I thought they were leveling off. Just saying, be diligent, and keep a close eye on your reports.

When your accounts are updated to 0 balance and included or discharged in BK, EQ tends to scrub all the data and payment history. TU will do this sometimes, and EX never. So, EX will continue to show all the lates and CO's, when the other two may or may not. Those lates and CO's can contribute to a big difference in scores.

I was able to get an unsecured Cap1 in January, and a 2nd Cap 1 rewards card 2 months later. I know these have helped my scores. I'm on a limited budget, and really didn't want to invest in a secured card if I didn't have to.

Just keep at, and don't apply for too much, you need to keep your inquiries down. I've seen new inqs drop my scores about 8 points each. When one has low scores to start with, they can make a difference.
Message 3 of 4
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@OMIAHEART wrote:

Any suggestions???

Have you pulled all three reports and examined them? The most likely reason for the huge swing is vary levels of baddies still reporting across all three. Also, are these fico scores? In any case, pull all three reports, dispute all inaccuracies and things should start to align. I think you focus for the next month should be cleaning your reports before trying to add more accounts. 

Once your credit union approves you, capital one should be on your radar as well. Once you have three accts reporting, hang in the garden and look forward to Barclays in about 6 months. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.