cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor Posted To my Credit Report- What Does It Mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor Posted To my Credit Report- What Does It Mean?

Hi everyone! A couple of months ago I was notified that my personal information was probably accessed somehow and was offered a free credit monitoring service through ProtectMyID. It's been great at alerting me to information added or removed from my report. Today I received the following alert regarding one of my creditors; can anyone tell me what it means? Does this just mean that they've been made aware of my petition? My 341 meeting isn't until August. Thanks for all input!   

7/20/2016 Potentially negative information has been posted to your Credit Report 

Status Date: 7/13/2016
Payment Status: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Petition

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Creditor Posted To my Credit Report- What Does It Mean?

Yes, since you have already filed your BK, your creditors are being sent notices and they are updating the accounts as so. You will probably get more "Alerts" like this, but its nothing to worry about. Good luck on your BK, hoping for a smooth discharge. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor Posted To my Credit Report- What Does It Mean?

Thank you so much for your response andwell wishes! I filed Pro-Se and want to stay on top of everything!  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.