Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor adding collection file to another credit report after filing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor adding collection file to another credit report after filing

I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on May 5th. At the time of filing there was a creditor ADA Recovery that was only listed on 1 credit report. They were included in my filing. I notified them of the filing around May 10th and on June 1st they decided to add my account to another credit report that it wasn't previously listed on. Can they legally do this since they were included in the filing? And they are noting it as a balanced owed. I thought once the bankruptcy was filed they couldn't go and add my account to another credit file that it wasn't previously on.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor adding collection file to another credit report after filing

Maybe it's a good thing it was added now.  I'm thinking that after your discharge, you just dispute it on your credit report as included in Bankruptcy?  

Message 2 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Until you're discharged, they can still show a balance. Once you're discharged, it'll show as $0 and probably IIB.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I guess I am just confused as to why they went and put this on another credit report after I filed for bankruptcy.  When I filed for Chapter 7 this debt only appeared on my Equifax report and was there for almost a year and now that I've filed they decided to add it to my transunion report after being notified of the filing. Oh well will just dispute it when the times comes to start clearning up Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Don't stress over it. Honestly, as long as it shows $0 after discharge, it probably won't hurt anymore than the BK.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.