Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor updates credit about bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor updates credit about bankruptcy

I had a ch 7 discharge on 11/15/05 and looking at my credit reports it shows this. Why are they updating my account. This was in the bankruptcy and was discharged. It also states I became derogatory less than a month ago. Can they do thta? Is there anything I can do?

Account Number Lending Institution Payment Status Date Comment Date Last Reported **** WFNNB/EXPSTR 01/2009 Was "In chapter 7 bankruptcy." 01/2009
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sprint
Established Member

Re: Creditor updates credit about bankruptcy

I have the same problem. I filed Ch. 7 BK late 2004 discharged in 05, yet a few of the accounts are reporting as 90 days past due in 2006 and 2007. I don't know how they are able to do this either. I am contacting my BK attorney today.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: EQ - 676 TU - 668 EX - 693
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

let me know about the late reportings bc on my cr i filed 9/04 dis 1/05 mine shows a lot of lates also but i think most of them say iib, but are there supposed to be lates and say iib? can we goodwill or do they have to remove or does it even affect us? i didnt know if it was already iib if it mattered? please keep me updated
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 7
Earthstarr7

does anyone now if you can be reported as like after bankruptcy. example. i filed in june 2008 and was discharged in september 2008. can they report me as late from june on??

Message 4 of 7
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Well, I'm not THE expert on that field but here's how I understand it:

Once you are discharged (CH7), no balances can be reported. I'm not sure about your example with June but let's say they would report you 90 days late every month from October on, I would think they are violating the FCRA. Once you ARE discharged, the creditor is not supposed to receive any money from you (well, the account is DIScharged..).

So if you legally don't owe them and aren't supposed to make further payments, how can you be late AFTER your discharge, especially with a $0 reported balance?

Maybe somebody has better info on that than me, but that's how I see it..

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When that happened to me I disputed them as being inaccurate. A couple were updated to IIB. The rest were simply deleted.
Message 6 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

What's key here is your date of filing.  The date of filing stays all collections, late payment reportings, etc.  If you file in June 2008, no new derogatory notations are permitted (other than IIB of course) after that date.  Any lates prior to your date of filing can still report.  Any accounts IIB should have a zero balance. no past due, and should state included or discharged the BK.

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.