Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor updating/reporting after BK discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor updating/reporting after BK discharge

I was discharged from Chap13 In Aug of 2014. All accts are reporting correctly, however I have 3 accounts still continuing to report IIB -0- balance every month. I thought after BK discharge they cannot update monthly.  Most stopped reporting well over a year ago, but these 3 keep updating/reporting every month, as if these were open accounts. One even shows a scheduled payment amount even though it states -0- due and IIB.   Is this legal? Anyone have any luck changing these creditors from reporting monthly. What is the purpose of them continuing to update/report every month when it was discharged.?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor updating/reporting after BK discharge

@Anonymous wrote:

I was discharged from Chap13 In Aug of 2014. All accts are reporting correctly, however I have 3 accounts still continuing to report IIB -0- balance every month. I thought after BK discharge they cannot update monthly.  Most stopped reporting well over a year ago, but these 3 keep updating/reporting every month, as if these were open accounts. One even shows a scheduled payment amount even though it states -0- due and IIB.   Is this legal? Anyone have any luck changing these creditors from reporting monthly. What is the purpose of them continuing to update/report every month when it was discharged.?

If they're not reporting inaccurate or negative information, they really aren't doing anything illegal. Nothing they are doing now changes your date of first delinquency, re-age the account, when it's scheduled to fall off your report, etc...

Just always make sure they're reporting a $0 balance and $0 past due. Equifax seems to have a problem with this. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just trying to figure out what is the purpose of these 3 reporting every month after discharge. I understand how they are supposed to report, IIB -0-, which they are. This just makes no sense on continuing to report, as I said, like they were open accounts. Anyone else out there, see this on the CR?

Message 3 of 6
todobetter

I logged in today for this same reason,  American Express just updated reporting after 2 years of discharge. **bleep**? Everything has been quite on the report and now this has popped up.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I don't understand the reasoning behind this reporting after discharge. Hopefully someone can chime in on this.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.