Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about CC

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Curious about CC

Okay I will be filing tomorrow...had some delay due to paperwork. I know there is a 24 mo to 700 and i will be using this method...but I really want to know is what determines what your credit limit will be when app'ing for CC....I have  basic income of 55,000.00 a year but usually end up making around 73,000.00 with overtime. What landed me in this position is a tax lien. How do some people end up in Low limit Hell...while others don't? 

Thanks in Advance

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Curious about CC

Im waiting to see responses , but I think it's a mix of starting score  after Bk , income ,responsibilities , and if they were included in the Bk .

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a lot of it is debt to income and how clean your reports are. Work on getting your reports cleaned up first. Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Okay I will be filing tomorrow...had some delay due to paperwork. I know there is a 24 mo to 700 and i will be using this method...but I really want to know is what determines what your credit limit will be when app'ing for CC....I have  basic income of 55,000.00 a year but usually end up making around 73,000.00 with overtime. What landed me in this position is a tax lien. How do some people end up in Low limit Hell...while others don't? 

Thanks in Advance

IMO, they apply for too much too fast, before their reports are cleaned up, often applying for credit with institutions that aren't BK friendly (you can research the ones that are here) and run up too many inquiries and overutlize their credit limits.

Message 4 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Store cards Smiley Happy They start with a low limit and other lenders follow.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.