Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCHARGED!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCHARGED!!!!

FINALLY ITS HAPPENED! THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING FEELING!!!

I was so depressed and mentally broken before I filed and this weight has been lifted.

Just wondering, whats average time it should take for bureaus to be notified of the discharge?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCHARGED!!!!

Your credit report should be updated within a week or so. The creditors, however, may take longer. I'd give them a month before pulling your credit and ensuring everything is updated.

Before applying for credit, you'll want to ensure all your creditors are reporting properly. Just one creditor reporting a balance and monthly payment could result in a denial on a new application.

Message 2 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! It is an amazing relief, isn't it?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP. I've been in your shoes before! Enjoy your new chapter of life. Amazing feeling. Time to start rebuilding your new credit and learn from your mistake in the past.

Message 4 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congratulations to you!!! I know exactly how you feel Smiley Happy Cheers to not having to feel like that anymore 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think we all know this feeling!! Id give your creditors and the CRA's 30-45 days from DC date to update your acts to show $0 bal/IIB . Good luck in the future with your rebuild!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I wanted to apply for a cap one right after and see what happens, but if i should wait at least for a week, i understand.

so glad this is all behind.

i was in such a bad spot that they waived my fee and i couldnt even afford an attorney to represent me and did everything by myself and somehow it all worked out!

cant even describe this feeling.

Message 7 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Try the prequal page. I was approved for both a Cap1 card and auto loan within a week of DC

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, your smile is back!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got denied on both Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.