cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT Approved 5 months Post BK!!!

tag
panthersguy
New Contributor

DISCOVER IT Approved 5 months Post BK!!!

Thought I'd share this info...Have been doing a lot of reading and saw that DISCOVER is all over the place with approvals post BK.  I did the preapproval app and it showed the IT card....thought about it for a sec because of what I had read and figured why not, if nothing else I'll get a free FICO from them...LOL..

So I submitted the app and was waiting for the denial and got a counteroffer so I accepted!!!! Starting CL is $800!!! I did have a DISCOVER IT pre BK and closed it with a $0 balance before we filed.

BK was discharged 8/12 and we have re-established since then.  Have total CL's of about $20K with 4% UTI...EQ FICO is roughly 650ish at this time.

So there is hope if anybody else wants back in with DISCOVER after all without waiting forever....Smiley Happy

Like I said, just thought I'd share.....if anybody wants any other info, please ask.  I tried to include the usual answers to the questions people get asked.....

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: DISCOVER IT Approved 5 months Post BK!!!

Smiley Very Happy Great work ! I would like one too ! 

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 2 of 41
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Woohoo... congrats!

Message 3 of 41
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you good job !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, panthersguy!

Like you, I had Discover few years before my recent BK (discharged 6/15) it was paid in full and closed. I got mailing offers from them and on the 3rd offer I decided to app and got counteroffer approval for $1,600 in November 2015 5 months post DC!

And I'm already racking up nice reward cash which I'm saving it for later Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome News
Message 7 of 41
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations.....Discover has to be one of my favourite cards. Treat very well and it will grow pretty fast.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats! Unfortunately, those of us that burned Discover won't be so lucky....oh well.

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't burn them in my chapter 7 I'm almost 7 moths post discharge I wonder if I would get approve? Scores. EQ 618 TU 615 EX 611
Currently have.
Open sky =300
Merrick bank = 600 double in 7 moths
Secured CU =500
And most recently approved 2 week ago for
Citi double cash = 1000
Target = 1000
Cabelas club visa = 1000

I recived my citi and target cards waiting on
Cabelas .

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.