Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIscharged CH 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DIscharged CH 7

I had recent recieved my CH 7 discharge 5-2014 and I have not been seeking credit. I applied for my 1st store CC through JC Penny and was declined. There is a black out period with them of 24 month post BK. I recently ordered my credit reports and have recieved TU and EX. I have disputed inaccurate information including inquiries. I am awaiting my EQ as of now. I had 1 st Premier and Cap 1 which were included in the BK. I am not going to recommend 1st Premier because, the fees are expensive and they cost more and did very litte for me, I will say it may have been my fault (high utilitzation) after the 1st year with monthly balances paid in full. Anyone that can steer me in a positive direction I am all ears. I am not against a store card if it can help me rebuild.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: DIscharged CH 7

Congrats on being discharged.

Start with this thread. It is long, but read every post in it - and then read it again. The plan works and works well.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I that printed and have read it. I started disputing accounts and inquires to see what happens.. I am still waiting on my EQ annual report. I hope to see some changes.

Message 3 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

If you read that - I would hold of on applying for any new credit until you are certain that all of your credit reports are as accurate as they can be.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am going to wait until the reports are updated.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.