cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW APPROVED for QS and Platinum without Preapproval offer!!

tag
panthersguy
New Contributor

DW APPROVED for QS and Platinum without Preapproval offer!!

So as I stated in my post,  I was approved for the QS with a $1K CL and what I thought was a Platinum, but after online chatting with Cap1 my second card is also a QS with a $500 CL...1 day AFTER dicharge...

So I was telling my wife she needed to do the CAP1 prequalifier and see what comes up....nothing....I had read that some people had no preapprovals on their site but apped anyway and was approved...Sooooo after freezing her EQ file because there are 2 accounts not reporting as IIB.  She apped and....APPROVED for QS $3k!!!!! I told her to app again and she would be approved again, she thought I was crazy!!!  So she did and ....APPROVED for Platinum $2k!!!!

So for those of you who did NOT burn CAP1 and don't get the preapprovals, take a chance..you never know....

We both added each other as AU on both cards....

We plan to run a lot of bills through these and pay them off before the statement cuts ( except for a few dollars on one..) SO excited to be getting a fresh start and already have a 6 month reserve for any emergencies...

Thought I would share our experiences....Good Luck everybody!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: DW APPROVED for QS and Platinum without Preapproval offer!!

Congrats! I did the same with a cold app when I didn't get a pre approval response and got the QS with a $2k limit. I figued take the chance, ya never know. 

Message 2 of 5
panthersguy
New Contributor

She's kinda ragging me a little because I only got 2 QS's with $1k and $500 and she got the QS with $3k and the Platinum with $2k and I was the one who convinced HER to apply....oh well, could be worse....

Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

@panthersguy wrote:

She's kinda ragging me a little because I only got 2 QS's with $1k and $500 and she got the QS with $3k and the Platinum with $2k and I was the one who convinced HER to apply....oh well, could be worse....

Smiley LOL

Hey you guys are both IN so that's what it's all about lol

Message 4 of 5
panthersguy
New Contributor

Yep...definitely not complaining...we plan to take care of the cards and use the heck out of them and pay them off each month...I REALLY want a Venture card but I'm thinkng at least 3-5 months for that....about that time will have DW apply for Barclays..I burned them for about $1400 but she didn't....

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.