Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Days Away from Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Days Away from Discharge

Howdy, can you please share if your credit scores when up, once you were discharged? or perhaps did they go down? As always, thanks in advance for sharing your stories.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Days Away from Discharge

My FICO scores did not react at all to the discharge itself.  It was like it was just a notation in the file.

The big things that boosted my score were getting 100K of CC debt now showing as zero to help with utilization.

Then adding the installment credit builder loan and three secured cards.  

My scores went from about 525 to about 620 with the above steps in about three months.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any past lates still impact credit scores once you receive a discharge? I have no collections, just lates as I was told to stop making payments, prior to my filing.
Message 3 of 9
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

It's hard to tell.  As with most folks, TU and EQ deleted all of my payment history on my IIB accounts, so the only derog is the IIB itself, which scores as a chargeoff.  Exp does have my late payment history which basically started 9 months prior to filing and covers six accounts that went 0, 30, .... 120, 180, chargeoff prior to filing.

I just passed my two year discharge anniversary two days ago and my FICO scores are TU 688, EQ 688 and EX 698.

The information is essentially the same in all three files, except Experian has all the late payments and it's 10 points higher.

I opened my my most recent new accounts last February 14th, so I am hoping when those inquiries age off this Feb 14th and the accounts are all at least one year old, I will be at 700 on all three, so 27 months post discharge.

My utilization is 1%.

I opened nine accounts since filing and have been added as an AU on 5 accounts, so I have 14 total revolvers.  I also have a 3K credit builder for 48 months that was opened in 7/14.

I'm proud to say I never opened a Credit One or First Premier account and I have no Comenity cards whatsoever!  My total credit limits are 69,500 in my name, plus about 60K in AU accounts.  My largest account is Cap 1 at 29.25K, which is a combination of three accounts merged.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly for sharing. I cannot wait to start the new year with building my credit back up.
Message 5 of 9
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I checked credit karma and my scores were 655 and 648... I still have 18 more days to go before discharge so I'm not sure if it'll change .. I know these are fakos but might be 40-50 points less I hope.

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores at discharge were EQ 592, TU 580 and EX 595.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores on Credit Karma before discharge were TU 550 EQ 497 on 11/19. Also on credit.com (11/19), my EX 627.  After discharge (12/1), my scores were refreshed on 12/4 and showed TU 629 and EQ 552. I think it was a combination of Ch. 7 being discharged as well as all of my accounts except for student loans being zeroed out.

On 12/3, I did obtain my 3B Fico scores from this site and they were TU and EQ 552 with EX 577.

I don't get to refresh my credit.com EX score until 12/10.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores haven't changed yet , only one report says discharged, nothing is consistent on any of them right now my scores are tu588, ex538, and eq540 , I can better answer this in 30 days
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.