Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline to collect money

tag
Metsfantransplant
Valued Member

Deadline to collect money

Hi everyone. Long story short, I owed money to Wachovia from years ago, but was able to open a Wells Fargo account last year. I called the collection department after I opened the account to make sure they wouldn't be coming after me with my new account. They told me it was charged off years ago and would not be taken from my Wells Fargo account. Well I filed bankruptcy in June and had my creditors meeting in the beginning of July. But I didn't remember I owed money to Wachovia until the creditors meeting so my lawyer added them and sent a letter to Wells Fargo's bankruptcy department stating that they would be included. Now I know you're not supposed to bank with anyone who you owe money to when you file, which is why temporarily switched to another bank. My question is, is it possible to take money from my account at this point in the bk? Wells Fargo still has my accounts open and never froze it during the bankruptcy. I'd like to start using them again as my main checking account but dont know if I'm just paranoid about them emptying my account or if I should be good to go. I've had a little money sitting in there throughout the bankruptcy and has remained untouched so I'm hoping I'm ok to use the account. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Deadline to collect money

When I filed last year - we were given notice that Wells Fargo/Wachoiva was one account to move funds way from, regardless if you owe them money as they are known to freeze accounts once notice of a filing is obtained.

Now - with that being said - doing anything at this point would be a violation of the automatic stay.

I think you're okay at this point.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.