Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Tradelines

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Deleted Tradelines

I filed chapter 7 September 25th. At that time when I pulled my credit report all my creditors where reporting. Yesterday I pulled my report and noticed that my car that was being financed by Santander was no longer on my Equifax report. I than pulled EX and Trans same thing gone.
My question is, is this normal? Has anyone experience anything like deleted creditors before discharge or the 10 year drop off?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Deleted Tradelines

Sassy....

Yes, they can do that. I also have Santander for my car loan, and I did NOT reaffirm the car loan debt with them. My car loan was showing on all three, then in May while I filed, they removed it from all three agencies. After my bk was final in mid August, I called up Santander and asked them to report again, and was told since I didn't reaffirm the debt they don't have too.

If you reaffirmed your car loan with them, and your BK is final an discharged, they should start reporting again. If your bK is not final yet, and you did reaffirm, just wait until your discharge, they should report again.

In my case, I've been paying a car lain with them for 15 months now, and since I didn't reaffirm the debt, I'm not getting the credit for it and it doesn't show. I've never been late either, and was never behind. This is an account is good standing tooSmiley Sad so, I'm desperation looking to refinance ASAP to get that paid off and showing again! Good luck!
Message 2 of 3
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Deleted Tradelines

Thank you pizza1 for your response. I did not reaffirm the loan. I actually plan on surrendering the car after discharge. My interest rate is like 20 something percent and I was a month behind.

I'm really hoping that I can obtain financing with someone else after this is all said and done.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.