Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not approve attorney to file ch 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did not approve attorney to file ch 13

Over a year ago I met with an attorney and was going to file Chapter 13, I filled out all of the paperwork but told them I wanted to talk to my parents and ex-husband before I filed.  Well the attorney filed and I had changed my mind, I never even paid him.  He also filed it twice on the same day.  I have written to the CA court telling them the situation and that it needs to be removed but no response.  I have disputed with all three credit bureaus and they say they confirm that it is correct but it is not correct, on my report the double filling case numbers at 24 and 25.  I do not know where to go from here, I did not want to file this was clearly an error. How do I get this removed????
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Did not approve attorney to file ch 13

Did you sign the paperwork? I can't imagine it could have been filed without your signature?

Is the BK court in your area, I would suggest making a personal visit to them to try and straighten this out. Sometimes face to face works better.

Good luck

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I did not sign anything, I was to go back the next day and sign.  I have went in person to the Eastern District of CA and they said it was filed electronically by the attorney and I need to speak to the attorney.  I have called and went to the attorney's office and they say they do not have a file for me.

Message 3 of 5
BabyBlue
New Contributor

File a complaint with the local bar association against the attorney. You also have an option to file a malpractice suit against him/her.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I should have thought of that.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.