Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between IIB and it saying Chapter 7 bankrupcy

tag
MattP2144
New Contributor

Difference between IIB and it saying Chapter 7 bankrupcy

What is the difference on the credit report if some accounts say IIB and others just say Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I am awaiting my discharge on June 5th and was thinking about cleaning up my credit report. I also was thinking of applying for the credit one card. I did the pre approval thing and it said i qualified for one. I did not apply yet though i was wondering if it hurts my discharge if i applied for one before discharge? if anyone can help with these two questions i would appreciate it thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Difference between IIB and it saying Chapter 7 bankrupcy

I wouldn't apply for anything until you got your discharge.

The wrong trustee could make things difficult for you.

"So explain to me why you are so anxious to pile on new debt when your existing debt hasn't been discharged yet?"

I would wait till I had discharge in hand.  Remember, the trustee is not your friend.

IIB/Ch 7 BR are the same thing... everything should be updated to that but creditors aren't required to do so until after you are discharged I believe...  so give it 30 days afterwards before you start filing disputes.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 5
MattP2144
New Contributor

I am not anxious to pile on new debt, just want to start rebuilding so my insurance score goes up so i am not paying a ton for that. also everythign on credit report says 0 but some say included in bankruptcy and some just sayin bankruptcy chapter 7 so i wasnt sure if they all have to say included in bankruptcy and not say bankruptcy chapter 7 .. 

Message 3 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@MattP2144 wrote:

I am not anxious to pile on new debt, just want to start rebuilding so my insurance score goes up so i am not paying a ton for that. also everythign on credit report says 0 but some say included in bankruptcy and some just sayin bankruptcy chapter 7 so i wasnt sure if they all have to say included in bankruptcy and not say bankruptcy chapter 7 .. 

Doesn't matter your reasons behind it... the point was you should wait until you have your discharge in hand.

Your reports are fine.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

As TRC_WA stated, do not apply for anything until discharge in hand. This is a very contentious topic on this forum, but many of us "veterans" will say to wait it out...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.