cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinged Twice? Bankruptcy and Also The Accounts Included? What?

tag
copprtop99

Dinged Twice? Bankruptcy and Also The Accounts Included? What?

I got into head scratching mode when I saw an evaluation of my credit score. I was dinged for my bankruptcy BUT ALSO dinged for 60-90-120 late on the very same accounts that are included in my bankruptcy.

Is this really correct? If not, how do I get these individual accounts scrubbed?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dinged Twice? Bankruptcy and Also The Accounts Included? What?

I had the same problem years ago. You just have to Dispute the items with the reason of "Included in Bankruptsy". Just use "Myfico's" disputer letters. Within a couple of weeks, all will be better including your scores.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dinged Twice? Bankruptcy and Also The Accounts Included? What?

Copp, please remember the late payments that occured BEFORE you filed BK are still going to count against you....Any late payments AFTER the filing date will be removed....As noted by the other responder to your post, please make sure all of your accounts that were IIB say in the status "Included in Bankruptcy"...If they say something other than "IIB" than dispute it...some may say "Pays As Agreed/IIB, 30 late/IIB, Charge off/IIB"... Long as it sayd "IIB" you are good....

I had the same experience when my BK was discharged in Jan 2007....I still show lates that occured before I filed....But once I updated all accounts to say "IIB" my score increased significantly....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.