Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge Ch13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge Ch13

Hi all, I've been lurking for quite a while in preperation of completing my Ch13. I got discharged last week after 5 long years. I was wondering how long I should wait before getting the free copies of my credit reports to see what may need fixing/correcting. How long after discharge does the discharge show up on the reports? Thank you all for the great information.

-Scott

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharge Ch13

Once discharged, it can take anywhere from a few days to a month or so to be reflected on your credit report.

I'd go ahead and pull your reports in a week or so.  I'd be more concerned with making sure your accounts are updated and reporting accurately than to see if the discharge is showing on your reports.

Good luck on rebuiding and congrats on your discharge!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 3
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Discharge Ch13

Rebuilding after a 13 is pretty painless... I'm 16 months since discharge and things look great. Things will look better (TU) in the next 3 months after the last of my new CC accounts and INQs age past 1 year.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.