cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge Question On Credit Report

tag
Fresh_Start

Discharge Question On Credit Report

Hi All I have a question My chapter 7 was discharged in June of this year. My first mortgage was included and my HELOC when i pull my reports Transunion and Equifax have the first included in chapter 7 but not the HELOC. Experian reports none of them should i dispute to get the HELOC off or should I leave it on. Also I have three student loans i co-signed for my daughter are they still suppose to be reporting after a dischage. Thanks for all your help  
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharge Question On Credit Report

@Fresh_Start wrote:
Hi All I have a question My chapter 7 was discharged in June of this year. My first mortgage was included and my HELOC when i pull my reports Transunion and Equifax have the first included in chapter 7 but not the HELOC. Experian reports none of them should i dispute to get the HELOC off or should I leave it on. Also I have three student loans i co-signed for my daughter are they still suppose to be reporting after a dischage. Thanks for all your help  

Hi, I am sure the experts will come along and give you more info. So, I will tell you based on my limited experience.

I would dispute the second mortgage if it is showing up wrong. That is what dispute are all about, getting the report to update with the correct information. If it is reporting with the wrong status, dispute it with the correct status.

My student loan was not dischargeable, but I am not sure about co-signed loans. If no one on this forum knows, you may want to refer back to your attorney who filed your CH 7.

Keep us updated!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.