Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge question

tag
morganfofo
Valued Member

Discharge question

The last day for objections from creditors was June 23. This morning PACER showed me discharged.

Do the credit reports change after you're discharged? How long should I wait to apply for credit one? Right now their prequalifier has nothing for me.
EQ: 603 as of 6/1/15
TU: 608 as of 6/1/15
EX: 612 as of 6/1/15

Gardening til January 2016!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discharge question

@morganfofo wrote:
The last day for objections from creditors was June 23. This morning PACER showed me discharged.

Do the credit reports change after you're discharged? How long should I wait to apply for credit one? Right now their prequalifier has nothing for me.

The reports can take up to 30 days or so to update. Check the capital one prequal site. 

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@morganfofo wrote:

Grats on your discharge, DO NOT APP FOR ANY CREDIT right now, the first thing you want to do is request  all your CRs 30 days from the discharge by US Mail and then make sure all creditors are reporting correctly 0 balance, IIB, you will need to dispute any that are not reporting correctly, once your reports are in order then you can proceed to app for new credit.

Message 3 of 5
morganfofo
Valued Member

Thanks!
EQ: 603 as of 6/1/15
TU: 608 as of 6/1/15
EX: 612 as of 6/1/15

Gardening til January 2016!
Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@morganfofo wrote:

Grats on your discharge, DO NOT APP FOR ANY CREDIT right now, the first thing you want to do is request  all your CRs 30 days from the discharge by US Mail and then make sure all creditors are reporting correctly 0 balance, IIB, you will need to dispute any that are not reporting correctly, once your reports are in order then you can proceed to app for new credit.

Good advice. I agree completely.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.