cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge scheduled for tomorrow. Questions...

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Discharge scheduled for tomorrow. Questions...

Happy New Year Fico fam! I'm very excited to begin the new year with a new rebuild. My BK 7 will be discharged tomorrow and I have a couple questions. Some of my creditors still have not received notice of my filing, but they are showing as listed in my documents. Will those debts still be discharged? Also, I know I'll need to review and possibly clean up any errors on my post-BK reports and follow the thread about "from BK to 700 in 24 months," but I have IIB Capital One, Synchrony, and Comenity, and I'm not eligible for NFCU. I've never had Discover but I do bank with them. Any suggestions on where to begin in this situation? Trying to avoid any cards with AF's. Thanks in advance!
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharge scheduled for tomorrow. Questions...

Congrats on your discharge! I just received mines on the 29th!! I also IIB the same creditors as you. I was able to get back in with Cap1 in November, right after my meeting with the trustee! I did the preapproval site and it showed I was approved for the unsecured no AF. I appd and was instantly approved with a $300 limit, and in 5 months it will increase!!!  I was super excited to be back in with them even after I burned them!!! After my discharge, I also decided to do the preapproval for the LendUp card and was instnatly approved for $750 with a $59 af, however I feel like I should have waiting till all 3 of my reports shows that the BK was discharged, I think I would have gotten approved with no AF. Good luck on your journey! 

Message 2 of 3
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discharge scheduled for tomorrow. Questions...

Wow! I thought you had to wait a year after a charge off or a year after burning them with Capital One. You got back in immediately? That gives me hope, I really want them back. Cap1 was one of my favorite cards.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.