Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged and rebuildimg

tag
mexley
Established Member

Discharged and rebuildimg

We filed chapter 7 on September 24 and Pacer updated our case as discharged and closed on 1/21! Our credit reports are not showing the discharge yet. Hoping that will update pretty soon. I tried the prequal site for capital one and it said I had no offers so we tried in my wifes name and she got a Capital One Platinum and a Quicksilver both with $1000 limits. We added me as an authorized user on both cards. We also tried the prequal on the capital one auto loan but we were not pre approved. We went to a dealer to see what kind of financing we could get since we didnt reaffirm either of our vehicles. Capital One approved us but with 17.99% interest. I think we are going to just borrow a vehicle from my parents and wait a few months for the credit cards to help our scores.
SCORES AS OF 9/30/2015
FICO 8 Scores- Equifax=640 Transunion=614 Experian=620
FICO Auto Scores- Equifax=653 Transunion=673 Experian=590

Filed Ch7 9/24/15
341 Scheduled 11/17/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharged and rebuildimg

Congrats on the discharge. I would wait until your reports reflect the discharge. Financing a car after a bk your interest rate is going to be high. Borrowing a car from your parents would be the smart move currently. At least until you get your rebuild going.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 4
mexley
Established Member

Thanks and i agree. Any idea on how long it should take for the discharge to show up on the credit reports? Fikig showed up same day.
SCORES AS OF 9/30/2015
FICO 8 Scores- Equifax=640 Transunion=614 Experian=620
FICO Auto Scores- Equifax=653 Transunion=673 Experian=590

Filed Ch7 9/24/15
341 Scheduled 11/17/15
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the discharge! Give it a few months if you can and you will be able to find a better auto loan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.