Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged as of 11/5/14 but so confused about reporting on CR

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Discharged as of 11/5/14 but so confused about reporting on CR

Hi everyone,

So I filed Chapter 7 back in July, had my 831 meeting in August, and according to Pacer my bankruptcy was discharged as of 11/5. I have been cleaning up my credit reports but I am having a few problems and my lawyer's office is closed now and since you all provide good advice here we go:  

1. I did not reaffirm anything and this includes a mortgage. I have requested multiple times it shows on my credit report it reflects that it was included in bankruptcy but they won't do it and just keep updating the account. One report says it is in forebearance (I was in a special program where I was only playing 1/3 of the mortgage for 6 months but stopped paying months ago as soon as I figured out I was not going to keep the house) and it keeps updating as late. I thought this should reflect it was included in bankruptcy. Will it not? I know it has to go through the foreclosure process so is it correctly reporting? My mortgage company has not sent me anything about starting foreclosure proceedings if you are wondering. 

2. I didn't reaffirm my car; however they did call me and ask me what I was going to do with it. I told them I was going to keep making payments. On my credit reports I have disputed that this should be included in bankruptcy but the only thing it changes is that I was late with the payment this month (They call me and ask when I will pay and I will give them a date). I have disputed and disputed and the credit reporting agencies say they have investigated and it is reporting properly. How is it reporting peroperly when I never reaffirmed? The other car was also with a credit union and they immediately deleted the account from CR even though I didn't reaffirm but still continue to pay payment. 

3. I know usually they dont discharge student loans but the alert I received on myfico today reports that the private loans were included in bankruptcy but earlier this week I received letters from collection company stating to call them to make arrangement. I know you have to be in dire straits to get loans included (I have over 120,000 in student loans, unemployed, and only get state assistance for less than $400 a month and my daughter's SSI because she was born at 24 weeks). Now do I send a debt validation letter? My father co-signed these loans so I had planned on finding some way to pay them because I didn't want him to be respponsible for this when the loans were for me. But it just confuses me that they are showing that they are included in bankruptcy in Experian. Transunion and Equifax haven't updated my report yet. 

I think thats it for now. Sorry for it being so long. I always seem to have questions on Fridays when my lawyer's office is closed. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discharged as of 11/5/14 but so confused about reporting on CR

I don't have answers for you on points 1 and 2, but as far as your student loans.. initially they'll report IIB but it's not really IIB.  It would be nice if that was the case, but unless you filed a separate motion to discharge student loans and went before the judge for it, they didn't get discharged.

Sallie Mae (now Naviant) put my student loan in bankruptcy forbearance as soon as they were notified I filed BK by the court.  1 month after discharge, they switch it back to open and start payments again.

Message 2 of 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

have you submitted your discharge paperwork showing your mortgage and auto loans as included? this should force them to change the reporting. also, try calling them and talking to a rep about it.
Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 3 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

If you were discharged on 11/5 and you pulled your reports on 11/7, I would give them creditors a week or two to get notice of the discharge and update reports accordingly.

Some creditors don't update reports until they receive the discharge order, and with that, some only update once a month, and some get notified via snail mail, so, keep that in mind.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.