cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged as of Today, but case open..Help!

tag
Dianamarie1013
Valued Member

Discharged as of Today, but case open..Help!

So I checked PACER today and my account says that is was discharged as of today, but there isn't a date for it to be closed. My lawyer is kinda slacking with this stuff. We need a second car (Paid off first car already) desperately, can I apply now with NFCU, or do I have to wait until it's closed. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discharged as of Today, but case open..Help!

discharge is there, you're OK. although personally I would wait till you know all your reports are reading correct and maybe establish some tradelines for about 3 months.

closed could take up to a years time.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 2 of 5
Shaunita09

Congrats!!! I was also discharged today from a Chapter 7.
Message 3 of 5
Dianamarie1013
Valued Member

TY! Yeah I would love to wait if I could, but I have been borrowing a car and have to get it back, and need a second one ASAP. But yeah definitely excited to start fresh..Ooo and I already cleaned up everything and our FICOs jumped about 40 pts each! So hopefully smooth sailing from here.

Message 4 of 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

If yours was a no asset Chapter 7, it will probably close in about two weeks. Every district does their bookkeeping differently. Mine closed the same day, others a few weeks later. If there are assets involved, it can take months (in some cases, years) to close.

Congratulations on your fresh start.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.