Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged chapter 13 score dropped

tag
sheannc1
Established Member

Discharged chapter 13 score dropped

pulled my fico score right after I received my notice and my score dropped within a week.  Is this normal? What can I do to increase? I need to start rebuilding soon

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
savingmoney87
Regular Contributor

Re: Discharged chapter 13 score dropped

Yes It is normal. The discharge is like awakening deamons when it comes to CH13. In a few months it will clear its self up and hopefully start reporting correctly. Just review the report when all the creditors report the discharge. It should say Zero balance included CH13. I think Experian for me was the worst because it made my DOFD the date of discharge. Correct as much as you can then follow any Chapter 7 rebuild process. Clean Reports, obtain 3 Cards, and Stay Clean until that 7 year mark. Your scores will significantly improve with time and good behavior. 

]
Message 2 of 4
sheannc1
Established Member

Thank you...this is good information

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I discharged on 1/12/16 and my scores dipped a little, then went up as I obtained 3 cards, then dipped as credit reports started updating.  Scores are always a moving target, it just time and hard work to get them to level out and start going up.  Congrats and good luck!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.