cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Progress Thread- Discharged, denied for cards out of the gate.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged, denied for cards out of the gate...now what

Congratulations!

Message 21 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

great post with great info.

I was discharged today and trying to start figuring out what my next step(s) will be

Message 22 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

New update..

I just got my yearly credit reports and noticed Experian no longer listed a judgement included in bankruptcy on my report! TU and Equifax still have it listed. I saw a few recent posts of people getting public records removed by asking for early exclusion so I figured why not.

I filed disputes online w TU putting "request for early exclusion in the comments, and online with Equifax on 9-1.

On 9-2 I get an email from TU...judgement has been deleted!!!

Haven't gotten anything from Equifax yet but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Message 23 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

New update....equifax denI'd my request for early deletion. I filed a complaint with the cfpb...I figure I have nothing to lose by trying to get it deleted.

I tried applying for a cash back visa on Penfed and was denied...tried a recon and was denied again...they want to see more credit history with them before approving another card. They used the same initial pull from 2mos ago when I got my first card with them so no harm no foul I guess.

On another great note I have been trying the pre-qualification w Capital One for months and keep getting the blacklist response is "we have no cards for you". (I did burn them in my bk). Since it's been just over 1yr post bk I tried the pre-qualified and same message!

I've had a few beers in me tonight so I said what the hell...go for it....and bam! Approved for $3000 limit with the platinum mastercard!

So now I'm just over 1yr post bk (discharge was 9-9-15)w $1000 unsecured visa Promise from Penfed and $3000 w platinum Mastercard from Capitalone...I'm pretty damn happy. I'm thinking 6mos I go for the cash rewards card from Penfed and the Qs from Capitalone then it's to the garden for me unless people have any other suggestions.
Message 24 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to everyone on these boards. I've learned so much from the posts here. I wish I had found this site years ago.
Message 25 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Update****

I again disputed for Equifax to remove the judgwnt listed. 2 days later i get a response..Equifax DELETED the judgement from my credit report!

Now other than the BK I don't have any negatives on all 3 reports. I'm super stoked!
Message 26 of 79
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
***Update****

I again disputed for Equifax to remove the judgwnt listed. 2 days later i get a response..Equifax DELETED the judgement from my credit report!

Now other than the BK I don't have any negatives on all 3 reports. I'm super stoked!

That's awesome news! Congratulations Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 27 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

***UPDATE***

Went online with Capital One chat on my Platinum MC and requested a PC change on my Platinum MC to a QS.

BAM!  Upgraded.  QS w/ no annual fee.  I also requested a CLI but the agent said it would be 2-3 days for approval.  Small steps but it seems like I'm moving in the right direction.

Message 28 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome seeing your progress! Congrats! 

Message 29 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

***ANOTHER UPDATE****

So I was denied a CLI from Capital One :-(, but I'm not surprised since my 2nd statement is just cutting today.  I'll try again for that in a few months.  My new QS card should be comming anyday now.  

I did just signed up for the 7 day trial on creditchecktotal.com to see my scores, and to make sure the dispute w/ EQ did result in them removing that judgement I had disputed.  The judgement was indeed removed :-).  My scores were as follows:

CURRENT 11/11/2016               COMPARED TO  10/2015

EXPERIAN - 673                               EXPERIAN - 668

TRANSUNION - 648                        TRANSUNION - 601

EQUIFAX - 667                                 EQUIFAX - 611

One thing I noticed was my Capital One card is not showing on any of the 3 bureau's.  My 2nd statement is set to cut today so hopefully it'll pop on there in the next month or two and give a bit of a boost to my scores.  Anyone else experience this lag w/ Capital One?

I'm in the garden until at least Febuary when I'm going to try and re-finance an auto loan that is now through Ally Financial and only reporting to Transunion, I think at that point I'll try for a CLI on my Penfed card also and possibly a PC to a cash rewards card.

I'm hoping with both cards starting to report that my scores will slowly get up to the 700 level by the time I hit 24mos.

Message 30 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.