cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Progress Thread- Discharged, denied for cards out of the gate.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged, denied for cards out of the gate...now what

******UPDATE #6*******

Just got my credit steps from Capital1....CL increased from $3300 to $3800
Message 41 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

****Update #7*****

Just requested a CLI on my discover card...

$3000 increase! Limit going form 6000 to $9000

I'm going to wait till the May AS hits for NFCU then request a FLU on my GoRewards card which is currently sitting at a 1000 limit. I wonder if I'll break the 10,000 barrier with it.
Message 42 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Update #8*****

Requested my first CLI with the Navy GoRewards...

Requested the max...and approved !

Instant CLI of 11,500! Limit going from $1,000 to $12,500!
Message 43 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your rebuild and all the CLI love. I can't wait for my discharge so I can start to rebuild. The only thing I'll have on my CRs is my student loans.
Message 44 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Update #9*****

Just signed up for a $1 trial membership at Creditchecktotal to get my scores...

Experian- 686
Transunion- 658
Equifax- 674

I'll check scores again in September after my 2yr anniversary from BK7 discharge hits.
Message 45 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be patient and persistent. And read as much as you can on here. That's partially the reason I post updates in this thread so I can also remember my progress and see what's working on the rebuild. Not to mention having the fates of cards open or CLI requested so I know not to request another too soon.
Message 46 of 79
Scupra
Super Contributor

It's awesome to look back at your first post in this thread and then look at the progress you have made. Give yourself a pat on the back because you deserve it Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 47 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Update #10*****

Applied and approved for a used blank check auto loan from Penfed on 7-14-17 for up to 17,500 for 60mos with a 3.74 interest rate! 3.74! Their best rate for used and 60mos is 3.49. I haven't picked out the vehicle yet but it's looking like a 2015 camry SE.

Since I already took the hard pull for the auto loan I applied for a CLI on my Penfed Visa sig card.....instant increase from 5,000 to 6,000 and only a soft pull. I'm pretty **bleep** happy with Penfed right now considering I only really use the card for gas and some light groceries.

I also requested a CLI on my Discover and Cap1 cards but was denied.

I'll update this again when I get the new ride. Thank you everyone so much for all the help, knowledge and advice I have been given.
Message 48 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome progress 👏🏾

Message 49 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

********Update #11***********

So  a few things happened over the weekend:

1) I actually ended up getting a $500 CLI on my Discover card, I realized when I requested my CLI it wasn't quite 90 days yet since my last request, so I hit the luv button again on Saturday.  Its not much but its something.

2) I gave a Honda dealer an opportunity to beat Penfeds financing rate.  I took 4 hard pulls, ouch.  But I ended up with a 3.32% rate surprisingly @ PNC of all places, and I take deliver of my Certified 2014 Honda Accord SE tomorrow :-).   I got it out the door for $16,000 which I think is a pretty good deal.   With  $1000 down I only financed $15000. The credit score the dealer showed me must have been an Auto enhanced because it had me at 732?  My scores across the board before letting them shotgun me was:  EXP - 690, TU - 665, EQ - 674

Into the garden I go until at least december, maybe then I'll take another shot at  CLI for Discover, Penfed and Cap1.  

Message 50 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.