Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged (on a Saturday no less)!!

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Discharged (on a Saturday no less)!!

Just logged into Pacer - downloaded my Discharge ruling!!

Now the fun stuff - cleaning up the wreckage.

So according to Soulmaster, items on my report should read "IIB, $0" with a delinquent status, right? (Not derogatory).

I get my quarterly report tomorrow, so my guns will be drawn.

Credit One approved me, just waiting on the card.

Capital One does not show a prequal yet. I'm hesitant to blindly apply out of fear I'm blacklisted.

Any suggestions on my next course of action? Should I be a guinea pig and spend an inquiry on Discover IT? Maybe shoot for a Comenity card (none burnt in Ch7)?

Here's a list of those I burned:

• Cap1 x 2
  • Chase x 2
  • BOA
  • USAA
  • NFCU
  • Wally
  • Fingerhut
  • Barclays

Any direction would be appreciated. I'm gonna call Key Bank Monday to see if they have a secured loan product.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharged (on a Saturday no less)!!

Congrats on your discharge.  Capital One will not do a HP if you are short term blacklisted.  They are one of the most forgiving lenders that will let you back in.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 3
daveg38
Established Contributor

Re: Discharged (on a Saturday no less)!!

Yeah, I noticed that they don't SP if you're blacklisted, either. I know this because over the course of my Bk I've played with the prequal site...of course, never did the site congradulate me.

So I won't waste a HP when they're not even trying to SP for a prequal.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.