Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged!!

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Discharged!!

I checked PACER this morning and found some happy news....DISCHARGED!!!

Now time to start the rebuild.  I burned everyone and their mother so it is going to take some time but excited for the challenge!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged!!

Congrats on your discharge! Just remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not the only one that has burned everyone and their mother - i'm about to press the file button myself and i know rebuilding is going to be an uphill climb because i have very few left that i haven't burned. Congratulations! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I recommend doing like I did and scouting out a local CU that will offer a secured -> unsecured CC. I personally burned Cap1 and Credit1 among others which made the starting point a bit... difficult.

You got this!

Message 5 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Well...I bit the bullet.  I app'd for Credit One.  Approved $500 for the rewards card.  It's a start.  Will give it some time before the next one. 

Below is a list of creditors from my BK:

BofA $14k

CapOne $26k

Citi $26k

Chase $11k

Discover $15k

Amex $26k

Barclays $22k

DCU $10k

NFCU $40k

Logix $15k

PenFed $25k

PG's 

Ford Credit

Lexus Financial

US Bank

Most were PG'd business cards, some was personal lines used for business.  Lexus Financial, US Bank and Ford Credit all had PG'd vehicles returned to them.

Plan is to take time and build.  DW has added me to her cards (CSP $34k, Marriott $20k, Barclays Arrival+ $15k and Citi TY $8.5k) - none of which have any balances.

Slow and steady, we will see how this goes.

Thanks all

Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats on the discharge and recent approval! I’m sure those cards will help you out a bit in some cases!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.