Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged?

I just looked on Pacer and I recieved this paper...I'm not sure if I'm discharged  or not.    Does anyone know?  Details below.  The thing is question is bolded.  Thanks.

IT IS ORDERED: A discharge under 11 U.S.C. § 727 is granted to: [redacted] 12/4/15 By the court: Andrew B. Altenburg Jr. United States Bankruptcy Judge Explanation of Bankruptcy Discharge in a Chapter 7 Case This order does not close or dismiss the case, and it does not determine how much money, if any, the trustee will pay creditors. This order does not prevent debtors from paying any debt voluntarily or from paying reaffirmed debts according to the reaffirmation agreement. 11 U.S.C. § 524(c), (f). Creditors cannot collect discharged debts This order means that no one may make any attempt to collect a discharged debt from the debtors personally. For example, creditors cannot sue, garnish wages, assert a deficiency, or otherwise try to collect from the debtors personally on discharged debts. Creditors cannot contact the debtors by mail, phone, or otherwise in any attempt to collect the debt personally. Creditors who violate this order can be required to pay debtors damages and attorney's fees. However, a creditor with a lien may enforce a claim against the debtors' property subject to that lien unless the lien was avoided or eliminated. For example, a creditor may have the right to foreclose a home mortgage or repossess an automobile. Most debts are discharged Most debts are covered by the discharge, but not all. Generally, a discharge removes the debtors' personal liability for debts owed before the debtors' bankruptcy case was filed. Also, if this case began under a different chapter of the Bankruptcy Code and was later converted to chapter 7, debts owed before the conversion are discharged. In a case involving community property: Special rules protect certain community property owned by the debtor's spouse, even if that spouse did not file a bankruptcy case.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged?

Yes , this is the Order of Discharge, mines says the same thing, and was filed yesterday and says discharged. I believe the only thing you are waiting for now is the courts to close your case. I could be wrong but doubt it, ask your attorney to be sure, mines contacted me with the order , so like I said I believe that is what it is, just double check with them to be absolutley certain.  When you logged onto Pacer, and checked your status did it have a discharge date ?    

Also congrats ! and welcome to the road of rebuilding Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged?

Congrats! Welcome to rebuilding. As I said on another thread. Make sure you take your time and make a plan for your rebuild. Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.