Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged!!

tag
dallas01
New Contributor

Discharged!!

Finally after 5 years and 4 months I logged into pacer today and it showed debtor discharged 1/4/17!!!! I didn't see any kind of discharge letter on pacer. Hopefully they add that soon.. It's been long 5 plus years and I've learned alot since then. My lowest fico score is 650 so on to the rebuilding..

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharged!!

Awesome! Congrats! Who are you going to apply with first? 

Message 2 of 15
dallas01
New Contributor

i've been trying the Cap1 site and haven't got any offers so i'm not sure if I should just apply anyway? i know BOA is tough but I've been banking with them  over 10 years and they keep showing me pre selected for a 500.00 cash back card to rebuild my credit. Not sure on what to do really. I had an old orchard card that was bought out by Cap1 that was charged off. That was over 7 years ago.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a solid boa offer, I would go for it! 

Let it report positive for about 3 months and then try cap1. 

There also some BK friendly cu if you want to go that route. 

Message 4 of 15
dallas01
New Contributor

Thanks and I will have to confess that I was kind of stupid. When I saw the closing order on October 3rd I thought that meant a discharge. I got pop ups for overstock and wayfair and took them both.. I haven't used them since I wasn't actually discharged. So I have about 8000.00 worth of credit showing opened in October. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol we are human and we all make mistakes. I do want to offer some unsolicited advice.......no more Sct cc. You have 2, that's more than enough.

Message 6 of 15
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Message 7 of 15
dallas01
New Contributor

I also had permission from the BK court to buy a car 18 months ago. So I also have the 18 months of  payments on my credit. Other than the BK showing all other bad stuff has falling off. i agree about the cards. My plan was to get 1 credit card and then get a computer on the 24 month no interest financing and not doing anything else until I pay off the computer in a couple months.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not anti-credit cards......I'm anti SCT cc lol. Sometimes they can do more harm than good if you have too many. 

It seems like you have good limits on yours. 

Thats awesome you were able to start building with an auto loan before discharge! 

Message 9 of 15
missy42
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your discharge!!  I'm waiting to file Chap 7 and will include my car.  Can you explain how and why you were allowed to purchase a car before discharge?  Just curious if I should try to go this route.  Congrats again I'll be so glad when I've been discharged and closed!!!

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.