Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT after BK7.

tag
Tristate
Contributor

Discover IT after BK7.

Hi everybody! My BK7 was discharged in October of 2011. After that was rebuilding slowly. Got a Cap1 for 500$ first a year after, Merrick, and then my best card Barclays Rewards. BK. Now I have Barclays for 10k (started with 1500), Merrick 3500, CAP 1 Quicksilver 8500. Didn't apply for any other credit cards for few years- just was getting CLI's. Non of the credit cards above were included in BK.

Discover was. Few weeks ago started getting pre-approved letters for DISCOVER IT. I was hesitant. Then I've read some topics here about cards that were IIB, decided to give it a try. And was approved online for 4500! This is huge for me!  Thank you Discover! I will not let you down again!

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT after BK7.

That's awesome news. I included Discover and this is great to hear - I really miss the rotating categories......
Message 2 of 6
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Way to go !  Congrats on getting back in with Disco. Nice CL too.  I burned them as well and I look forward to the day I can get back in.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my BK I burned them on a $23k line, the balance was only $2800 at the time of BK. They approved me for a new Discover card at the 3 year mark (I applied at the 33 month mark and was declined, the credit analyst said that they had a hard decline for those who burned Discover before by more than $1000 of 3 years. Told me to reapply in 3 months and I would likely get approved. I did and they approved it instantly for $1,000. I used about $8000 in the first year on the card and asked for a CLI and was declined 3 times between month 12-18 (discover doesnt generally do a hard pull when you request a CLI). Decided to close the card since it was by far my lowest trade line. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's awesome.

Message 5 of 6
lmoore1989

That's great news! Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.