cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It approval 3 years after bk :)!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It approval 3 years after bk :)!

I have lurked here forever, and this is my first time posting! This month my Chapter 7 BK turned 3 years old. Now honestly immediately after BK I was not trying to rebuild, I simply got an auto loan (that I like but i shouldnt have but i learned my lesson). I applied for a secured card through my bank 5/3rd one year ago and that is the only credit card I had until last month. I was approved for CO QS for 5,000, Wayfair/comenity for 2,000, and today after 3 months of oogling the app, Discover It for 10,000. Smiley Happy
My fico for experian is 668, my credit karma TU is 710 and EQ 706. Before applying for Discover today, i had 3 inquiries on TU and EQ, and 1 on EX. My CO card balance was 7% and the others were at 0. I never burned discover in my BK, so maybe that is why I got lucky. Now I will garden until I feel safe to apply for an NFCU card (about a year or so) and I will probably close my secured card! Just wanted to share my great news, because like some of you, I was nervous to pull the trigger, I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. Have a great day all!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Discover It approval 3 years after bk :)!

First off, welcome to myFICO! Congrats on your Discover approval, I bet that was amazing to see that SL. Have fun in the garden and keep the hard work up Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have lurked here forever, and this is my first time posting! This month my Chapter 7 BK turned 3 years old. Now honestly immediately after BK I was not trying to rebuild, I simply got an auto loan (that I like but i shouldnt have but i learned my lesson). I applied for a secured card through my bank 5/3rd one year ago and that is the only credit card I had until last month. I was approved for CO QS for 5,000, Wayfair/comenity for 2,000, and today after 3 months of oogling the app, Discover It for 10,000. Smiley Happy
My fico for experian is 668, my credit karma TU is 710 and EQ 706. Before applying for Discover today, i had 3 inquiries on TU and EQ, and 1 on EX. My CO card balance was 7% and the others were at 0. I never burned discover in my BK, so maybe that is why I got lucky. Now I will garden until I feel safe to apply for an NFCU card (about a year or so) and I will probably close my secured card! Just wanted to share my great news, because like some of you, I was nervous to pull the trigger, I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. Have a great day all!

Congratulations! That's a really fantastic SL from Discover for someone who's been out of BK for 3 years. I got my own Discover It in March at about 2 years and 4 months out of BK with a $2,500 SL, but then my scores are worse than yours.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myFICO and congrats on the approval!  I love my Discover It - enjoy the cash back! 

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing sl from Disco! Enjoy Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Discover approval....outstanding SL....Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.