cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured card during BK

New Contributor

Discover Secured card during BK

Anyone have any luck with getting a discover secured card during their BK? I really want to get one eventually because I've always wanted a discover card. If you were approved or denied please share:

Date Applied-
Which CB they pulled and Score-
Chapter of BK-
If secured was counteroffered-

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Discover Secured card during BK

Also,

-how many years since discharge

OR if you got it during a chapter 13 plan

-how many years into the plan
Message 2 of 4

Moving to BK forum for better exposure

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 3 of 4
New Contributor

I have a secured Discover card.  I'm in a Chapter 13 since 8/2015.  Trustee said I could have a secured card, if the balance was paid in full each month.  So I applied for a regular Discover card, got turned down, and offered the secured version which I accepted.  At that time that was the only way to get a secured Discover card.  I've had it since then- I would imagine it will not graduate until my 5 yr plan is over- about 3 1/2 yrs from now.  I laugh when I see people complainig that their card hasn't graduated yet- and it is still under a year for them. They pulled EQ for me- living in WA.
Message 4 of 4