Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover approval!

Not for me.... I burned them in our bk. It was only in my name. BUT, my husband applied. His score has increased some so he decided to give it a go... He was APPROVED for $3k cl. I'm not sure what the apr is. But I'm excited for us.... Ahem, him 😳 BK d/c'd 12/20/16. They wanted him to verify some info, which we uploaded then they called him to verify some more stuff! I was shocked! So we are less than a year out. Just wanted to share for others who may be wondering. Good day everyone.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover approval!

@Anonymous wrote:
Not for me.... I burned them in our bk. It was only in my name. BUT, my husband applied. His score has increased some so he decided to give it a go... He was APPROVED for $3k cl. I'm not sure what the apr is. But I'm excited for us.... Ahem, him 😳 BK d/c'd 12/20/16. They wanted him to verify some info, which we uploaded then they called him to verify some more stuff! I was shocked! So we are less than a year out. Just wanted to share for others who may be wondering. Good day everyone.

That is incredible! I filed for Chapter 13 in 2008 and really just rebuilt this past year and a half. Congratulations to you!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! But I'm guessing you mean BK was discharged on 12/20/15? Did he get the first year double cash back? It's a great deal, especially if you use it the most in the 5% cashback categories.

Discover is so unpredictable with a BK on your CR. I app'd in Oct 2015, just short of 3 years post DC, with scores around 700, instant denial. Then in June/July 2015 they started mailing me weekly invites to apply, I bit on the 3rd one, instant approval w/$4k SL. One year later I'm at $9600k CL, and just got just over $100 in my first year double rewards. I'm pretty happy with them!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! 12/20/15 sorry! Yes. They are very temperamental. But they had been my favorite card before.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got Discover IT at $1K SL about 6 mos post BK7. Income almost $50k

Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

368 days after BK7. approved 1.5k. Should arrive today! Feels good eh?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think he could add me as an authorized user.... Or would they frown on that??
Message 8 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you think he could add me as an authorized user.... Or would they frown on that??

You would be okay as an AU. They'll allow it .  I burned them in my BK so it will be at least 3 more years until I attempt to get back in.  Congrats on your Hubby's success with them.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! Thank you all for your contributions!! I've learned SO much! I'm thank for an opportunity for a do over. And for wonderful friends like you that are willing to share their experiences. I am truly grateful. ❤️
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.