Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancies on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepancies on Credit Report

I just recently discharged (yay) and have been reviewing my reports to ensure accuracy. I've noticed that I have two accounts showing closed but also shows a balance - Citibank CC and a Verizon account, comments are "charge off".

There are also two items under a collection agency JH Portfolio that shows a zero balance, remarks state "included in BK", but the account is still open.

Should I wait 30 days to see if it'll update or should I dispute it? My BK just discharged Aug 22nd.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discrepancies on Credit Report

I would wait.  They may update with their regular monthly updates.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with medicgrrl.

I had a half dozen discrepancies the first time I pulled my report after discharge. I gave it a few weeks and ended up only needing to dispute one or two.

Message 3 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just recently discharged (yay) and have been reviewing my reports to ensure accuracy. I've noticed that I have two accounts showing closed but also shows a balance - Citibank CC and a Verizon account, comments are "charge off".

There are also two items under a collection agency JH Portfolio that shows a zero balance, remarks state "included in BK", but the account is still open.

Should I wait 30 days to see if it'll update or should I dispute it? My BK just discharged Aug 22nd.

Were these accounts charged off prior to you filing the BK?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you medicgrrl and steeler!  

@Scupra They were all charged off before the bankruptcy.

Message 5 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Things that were charged off prior to filing won't be updated to IIB. We have had some back and forth on this one but trying to get the CRA's to update a previously charged off TL to IIB is near impossible unless you get very lucky.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Things that were charged off prior to filing won't be updated to IIB. We have had some back and forth on this one but trying to get the CRA's to update a previously charged off TL to IIB is near impossible unless you get very lucky.

Ok, got it.  Although the comments wont change to IIB, shouldn't the amounts report zero?  If so, that's the discrepancy.  Smiley Sad  The balance of these items aren't showing zero.  

Message 7 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, got it.  Although the comments wont change to IIB, shouldn't the amounts report zero?  If so, that's the discrepancy.  Smiley Sad  The balance of these items aren't showing zero.  

That is something you could dispute. I am not too sure what updating the balance to zero will do though. When was the DoFD, are they possibly close to aging off?

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is something you could dispute. I am not too sure what updating the balance to zero will do though. When was the DoFD, are they possibly close to aging off?

I thought I read somewhere in the forum that we wanted the balance to show zero.  The Citibank CC should be coming off next year but the other three items still have 5 years to go.

Message 9 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

I was just wondering if you could ask for early exclusion yet Smiley Happy I would submit disputes asking CRA’s to update the balance to $0. You aren’t liable for the debt anymore so it should report $0

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.