cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishcharge Question.

tag
indianastate

Dishcharge Question.

I filed a chapter 7 BK on 7/13.  My 341 meeting was on 8/16.  The trustee just needed the most recent Checking Account statment.  I emailed it to my Lawyer the same day.  I have been checking PACER every other day since 10/1/16.  The status still shows (Waiting on 341 meeting),  How long does it take my BK to get discharged?  My Lawyer stated it would be roughly 60 days.  Also, is PACER slow on updating?

Starting score: TU 594 EQ 572 3/11/13
Current Score: TU 637 EQ 617 4/18/13
Goal: 700
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dishcharge Question.

Listen to your attny.  Creditors have 60 days from the 341 meeting to object to the discharge.  If no one objects and you have filed the certificate that you took the second (pre discharge) class your discharge will be entered shortly thereafter.  PACER updates in real time when a document is filed.

Des.

Message 2 of 12
indianastate

Thanks!!! My discharge did show up today in PACER!!!
Starting score: TU 594 EQ 572 3/11/13
Current Score: TU 637 EQ 617 4/18/13
Goal: 700
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@indianastate wrote:

I filed a chapter 7 BK on 7/13.  My 341 meeting was on 8/16.  The trustee just needed the most recent Checking Account statment.  I emailed it to my Lawyer the same day.  I have been checking PACER every other day since 10/1/16.  The status still shows (Waiting on 341 meeting),  How long does it take my BK to get discharged?  My Lawyer stated it would be roughly 60 days.  Also, is PACER slow on updating?

My case is very similar to yours..... I fliked Ch 7bk on 07/13/2016 and my 341 meeting of creditors was on 08/17/2016. Im still waiting on my discharge. I created a account on Pacer and looked up my case, but im not 100% sure where i should be looking on pacer to locate discharge info.

Message 4 of 12
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My case is very similar to yours..... I fliked Ch 7bk on 07/13/2016 and my 341 meeting of creditors was on 08/17/2016. Im still waiting on my discharge. I created a account on Pacer and looked up my case, but im not 100% sure where i should be looking on pacer to locate discharge info.

Under "Query" put in your Case number then look under "Docket".  Just like in OP's case, your Discharge will be entered sometime after 60 days from the 341 meeting if no one objects and you have filed your second course certificate of completion.

Des.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was about to post this..filed 7/14/16 341 meeting 8/18/16 and deadline was 10/17/16 im hoping they discharge my case soon because I desperately need to buy a car. im looking on pacer daily! maybe there is a backup in federal bankruptcy courts lol

Message 6 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was about to post this..filed 7/14/16 341 meeting 8/18/16 and deadline was 10/17/16 im hoping they discharge my case soon because I desperately need to buy a car. im looking on pacer daily! maybe there is a backup in federal bankruptcy courts lol

You should be discharged any day now.  I am assuming that the court in your district is backed up.  My case was discharged the day after the creditors objection.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 12
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

FYI - my BK district only processes dishcarges once a month - so depending on where your 60 days for objection falls, you could either wait hardly any time, or a just about a whole month.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Atlanta - North Georgia - So yes probably backed up like everything else down here...I will continue to wait patiently

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was finally discharged Monday! YAY!! I feel so relieved. now just waiting for my secured card and credit one card to post to my reports so I can get that score boost and buy a car Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.