cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dismissed bankruptcy and auto loan

Dismissed bankruptcy and auto loan

I am in a difficult situation.  I converted from a Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7 on 06/20/12.  The US Trustee filed a Motion of Abuse and stated that I didn't pass the Means Test.  My attorney's office attempted to fix their objectons, however there is now a Motion to Dismiss.  Basically, they are stating that I should be in a Chapter 13.  I need an auto as mine is on it's last legs.  In Michigan Eastern district you can only have 1 auto in your name.  I have 3 auto's in my name and 3 adults in my home including myselt.  None of the vehicles are in good shape.  One is completely paid for, one will be paid off within a month and mine or the one I drive is behind several thousand dollars and I intended to give this one up and obtain another car.  I travel for work so there's no possibility that I could get a ride.  How hard is it to get an auto loan immediately after a Bankruptcy Dismissal.  I could allow my attorney to put me back in my Chapter 13 or let the Chapter 7 dismiss and refile a Chapter 13.  I'm looking for the best option as there is no way I can take my mom's car when I'm out of town or my fiance's so he couldn't work. 

Message 1 of 1