Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Verification

Hello all, my first post so be gentle on me....I've disputed a student loan (College Assist) with all three bureaus. Equifax was prompt and quick in removing the tradeline. However the other two, TU and EX are saying that the account is valid. I'm kind of dumbfounded how this can be...any ideas? Should I raise the issue with TU and EX that Equifax removed the account and provided me with documentation? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute Verification

I'm not entirely up with BKs, yet alone SLs, but is the account invalid?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the loan was invalid. Equifax determined that it was and removed it but TU an EX says it's valid, thus it remains....My thing is how can EQ determine it invalid/remove it but the other "two" say otherwise?

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What would the dispute reason be?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a copy of the email I sent to every single employee at Nelnet.....don't laugh I got results...it explains the situation

I am writing this letter in order to request your help and understanding. I recently obtained a copy of my credit report and I have some issues with how my loans are being reported. (See attached pdf file) I originally had three loans with Nelnet dating back to 1993 and it appears somewhere along the way they were consolidated into one. Hence four accounts being reported on my credit file. However, I am confused with the manner in which they are being reported. In September 2005 I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy and this consolidated account was included and subsequently discharged in the proceeding. Case in point account ********** was properly updated on 2/13/06 as discharged via Experian. The date 2/13/06 is relevant because it was the date my Bankruptcy proceeding was discharged. (See attached pdf file) According to one of your customer service representatives (Cindy last name omitted), my loans were “sold” to another firm College Assist for collection. When I mentioned to her that I had filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy and that this loan was discharged she said that it “could not have been”. I’m certain that she wasn’t certain of the bankruptcy law in 2005 that allowed the discharge of a student loan if it could be proved that repaying it would cause undue hardship.  She directed me to contact College Assist and when I did I was told that Nelnet “recalled” my loans.  So now it appears they are in a state of limbo meanwhile I getting no direct and concise answers to rectify this situation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.