Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing B of A by mail

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Disputing B of A by mail

Long story short, B of A is reporting three credit card accounts discharged in a Ch. 7 BK as doubles - resulting in six trade lines.

I've been dealing with Equifax Exec. Support to correct it and I need to send supporting documentation by mail - just curious, what should I send?  I have my creditor matrix that clearly lists only three BofA accounts, discharge and what not but should I include my credit report or just the relevent pages?

Help please.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing B of A by mail

I would send copy of your CR showing the 3 accounts prior to BK and a copy of the current reporting from whatever CR is in error along with a direct dispute letter to BoA.

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I would send them a copy of your BK discharge, it lists all creditors IIB, it should list BoA 3 times with different balances.

Message 3 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys!

Within about 15 minutes of posting this, I received a phone call from someone on their team who said they identified the issue on their end and and have submitted the request to Equifax to have them removed within 30 days - so, nothing needed from me but waiting.

She said what had happened was when they got my notice of filing, they updated the accounts to IIB.  Then, when I was discharged, they tried to update the accounts again to IIB but when they didn't find an open account (for each of the CCs included), it created a new trade line to show discharged and IIB.  So, hopefully this is fixed.

If not, I have her personal number and will call back - but, she was very nice, so, here's for the best.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.