Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diversified Consultants After Bankruptcy

tag
IshmoBishpo
New Visitor

Diversified Consultants After Bankruptcy

First off, I would like to say thanks for all the help from these boards. I've been reading but just became a member today. My problem(question) is, I got a call today from Diversified Consultants about a pre bankruptcy debt. This debt was taken care of in my bankruptcy. All was discharge June 2013. Why are they still harassing me? When I explained all this to them, they tried to tell me that because it was discharged via the original debtor it didn't affect them! I know both original and collection accounts were on bankruptcy. How do I get them to remove this info? I just noticed today that they are now reporting back on my credit report as a new creditor. I see everybody who has has Problems with this company, but nobody has mentioned about after bankruptcy. Thanks in advance for any help!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Diversified Consultants After Bankruptcy

I would contact your lawyer to see if he/she can contact the company and tell them to remove what they are reporting or you will file a law suit! A company tried to do the same thing to me and one call from my lawyer solved everything VERY quickly.

Welcome to the boards by the way!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Your lawyer as already stated or if did it pro se contact the BK court trustee.

Message 3 of 5
IshmoBishpo
New Visitor

I have seen so many other people who have had problems with them. I am in the process of getting them to talk with my lawyer. They keep trying to tell me that because the debt was transferred from original creditor, they can still try and collect. I know they were included in the bankruptcy! This is crazy LOL. I have ambitions of buying a home in a couple years and want to keep up on little things like this. Thanks all for your help!

Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@IshmoBishpo wrote:

I have seen so many other people who have had problems with them. I am in the process of getting them to talk with my lawyer. They keep trying to tell me that because the debt was transferred from original creditor, they can still try and collect. I know they were included in the bankruptcy! This is crazy LOL. I have ambitions of buying a home in a couple years and want to keep up on little things like this. Thanks all for your help!

As it was explained to me during my own ch 7 bankruptcy process, all debt existing prior to the filing date are included in the discharge. I did a lot of research on the issue of what happens if one forgets to list a creditor in a bankruptcy filing. The bankruptcy laws cover that scenario as well. I actually had a similar situation with one creditor subsequent to my filing and I simply mailed a copy of the case number and my attorney's contact information to them and I never heard from them again.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.