Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double report

tag
Luke777

Double report

Hello,

I had a chapter 7 discharge back in May of 2011.  One of the mortgage accounts was from Metlife Home Loans.  The account has been listed correctly showing discharged chapter 7 bankruptcy and 0 balance.  In February Green Tree began servicing the account (we've been paying the account all along).  In April a new entry was listed on my credit report from Green Tree.  It showed discharged chapter 7 bankruptcy and 0 balance but it shows a last activity date of April 2013.  This dropped my score by 20 points!  In my opinion they have no business even listing the account as it's already been reported via Metlife Home Loans.

Is this legal?  Can a new servicing company list the account in their name post discharge?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Double report

Welcome!

Bumping for others. I know zilch about how BK'd TLs report. I'd imagine that if nothing was owed to the mortgage, and the balance was paid, and nothing was being paid on it, then the new lender cannot report. That's my opinion anyway. If money was owed on the loan, then they can report for sure. Loans get sold all the time.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.