Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double reporting post bk

tag
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Double reporting post bk

Credit reports clean except for 1 c/o on equifax....spoke with dispute department and they say they will continue to report..the issue is i have a old hsbc account that was sold to portfolio both are reporting. portfolio is reporting correctly as iib, hsbc is reporting as c/o even if i get the charge off to report as iib shouldnt 1 of those lines be deleted? It has been deleted from my TU, and EX with no issues. Anthor issue is that hsbc is now capital one. I have spoke to C1 and they say they are reporting correctly. How can the same account with identical info be listed twice? I have faxed equifax my bk schedule F, all correspondances, dc paperwork the whole 9 yards. And they wont budge. Should i even bother after the account updates as IIB? I disputed a couple of items that acually caused my score to drop almost 30points. Brighter note i have started to rebuild received my first post bk card from Capital One today for 300.00 and enrolled in credit steps.
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Double reporting post bk

If the account was sold to the CA prior to the BK, both of them can report.

One is the OC account reporting their CO the other is the CA account reporting their collection of the CO.  Both should reflect IIB.

Message 2 of 8
shols44
Frequent Contributor

I would dispute portfolio as no basis to collect. I would also send them a DV while disputing. You should be able to remove all collection accounts with aggresive disputing and DVs.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 8
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Shols44 pardon my ignorance whats a DV?
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Message 4 of 8
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Guiness im so comfused..my others accounts meaning my old c/o that were sent to collections the OC or C/A were deleted leaving 1 reporting, On TU, and EX even judements have been deleted leaving only the PR on my file. EQUifax is anthor animal for instance i had a repo years ago that has been satisfied years ago this was not included in the BK...EQUifax has it IIB i dont really mind that one because its due to fall off in sept of this year. This one however is due to fall off in 2015.

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Message 5 of 8
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I still have 1 stubborn HSBC account with EQ that I can't get to report IIB. I also have 4 other HSBC's that took awhile but finally are updated. Every time I dispute (or have disputed) 1 of them with EQ, about 6 weeks later I get a weird letter from Capital One asking for all kinds of info about my problem with my Best Buy mastercard account. I never had a Best Buy MC.

I just made another try with EQ a few weeks ago, if they don't update correctly this time, I'll have to try a different tack.
Message 6 of 8
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@ChistineNJ wrote:
Shols44 pardon my ignorance whats a DV?

DV is short for debt validation. This is the starting point for dealing with collections. The collector essentially has to prove that they own the debt and have basis to collect. This means showing the original debt, acquisition of that debt and their right to collect on it. Most collectors are horrible at record keeping and can't back up their cliams most of the time. If they can't validate, they are obligated to cease debt collection efforts. 

I did the tango with Portfolio a while back, sent them a DV letter CMRRR, no response, disputed with CRAs as "refuses to validate, no basis for collection, attempting to collect a debt discharged in BK". Deleted 2 days later. 1 week later, they attempted re-insertion, I caught it early at 7am, disputed as "reinsertion, non-validated, bastard bottom feeders (not exactly but how i really feel) and it was deleted 2 hrs later. 

Be agressive with collections until they are gone! If one of them makes a mistake and returns verified, followup with a 623 investigation. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 8
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Portfolio/hsbc/capital1/equifax big headache i acually received a letter from capital one the new owner saying they have received processed investigated this account multiple times. I just dont get how they are justified reporting the same T.L twice, now eqifax wants my schedule F, have sent it muktiple times to prove it was IIB, thats absurb when the O.C. Is clearly listed IIB. I know i can get the account to reflect IIB...how worth it is for 1 account to stay or be removed? (my outlook today is very lazy) do you know how many collection accts i had over 10 they are all gone expect this 1, when i asked equi to explain they had no answer (sorry for the rant)

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.