cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop off dates!!!!

tag
vexed1978

Drop off dates!!!!

My bankruptcy discharged in 10/2010. I have 4 accounts that are listed negative that were supposed to fall off my CR in 2010 that were listed in my bankruptcy.  When I called experian the rep told me that they're new date to fall off is 2017 even though they were listed as negative before the bankruptcy.  From everything I've read here and on other sites isn't the fall-off date supposed to be the date of DOFD, which is Sept and Dec 2003 for 3 accounts and July 2000 for the other?  Someone please help me!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
vexed1978

Re: Drop off dates!!!!

Also on my older Experian reports the date that three of the accounts go into a positive status is 10/2010.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Be careful...sometimes a negative account can turn positive and report longer than the 7 years. Look within your FICO report to see if there's a red flag next to them. Sometimes they'll report longer helping your FICO, and if removed, could result in a score drop. YMMV of course on your credit and especially how it reports.

Message 3 of 6
vexed1978

What does YMMV mean? Yes they do have red flags next to them.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

YMMV = your mileage may vary.

I know you looked at your Experian report, but did you look at your TU and/or EQ report from myFICO.com? You mentioned Experian and other services sometimes miscategorize what is good and what is bad, based off their FAKO score (since we can't buy our  EX FICO from anywhere).

Message 5 of 6
vexed1978

They're listed as negative in all three reports.  All together I have 12 negative accounts on all 3, which were all included in bankruptcy. All accounts seem to have the reported date as 7/2010 or 10/2010, and without DOFD.  Actually I filed bankruptcy on 6/30/2010 and it discharged 10/5/2010. They all have the included in BK connotation except one, which is CreditOne. As of 7/2010 that account is listed as chargeoff, although it was never delinquent before filing. As I said earlier, a rep at Experian tried to explain to me that the DOFD that I was stating was wrong and that the DOFD is actually the date the account was closed which would be 7/2010.  She also stated that they didnt have any of the info that I was referring too.  Just to be clear, I DO have several of my credit reports from all 3 CR's that date back to 2003, that show the date of first delinquency. I also still have the reports that my lawyer used to list all my accounts from 6/15/2010, that also show the DOFD. Should this help or because I filed bankruptcy did the fall off dates permanently change? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.