Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning letter during stay

tag
starry1
Valued Contributor

Dunning letter during stay

So, what do I do?  A medical office has sent another dunning letter after having already received notice from the court that I'm in bk.  I received a final notice in the mail last night, so i called today thinking that maybe it was sent in error since this bill was for my son instead of me.  But no, the billing CSR said that all they have is a notice of creditors meeting and that they will continue to send notices and will turn it over to collections in two weeks.  Um, what? 

So anyway, should I send a letter to make it clear that any further efforts at collections will result in me reporting them to the bankruptcy court?  Should I even bother sending them a letter, or just let the phone call stand?

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dunning letter during stay

easy.......contact your attorney and send all communication you've received to them.  Let them handle it, that's why you pay them.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 2 of 4
Barris
Established Member

Have a talk with your attorney over this but in my personal opinion, such infringements should be reported to the BK court. Bring up the point when you talk to your attorney and see what he recommends. Or when they call again, ask them to go ahead and hand it over to collections. CAs are way easier to handle if they mess up, you can always pull an FDCPA violation suit on them.
Message 3 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You can call creditors that violate the stay and give them your case #...they usually flee after that first warning. But going through your attorney could get them fined.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.