cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ - Deleted acount reporting again.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ - Deleted acount reporting again.

@stinastina wrote:

I'd check with a FCRA lawyer. If they violated the law, the minimum you get is $1000 andyour legal fees are paid by them.

Have you done this process before?

Message 21 of 24
stinastina
Established Contributor

DH  is doing it now. He has a thread on it. It's not a quick process but we didn't do anything except provide the lawyer with the EQ dispute and then the credit reports where they put the info disputed back on a month later. The lawyer agreed to take our case and is sending a settlement letter to the creditor and EQ first.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed a complaint w/ the CFPB against Equifax, and sure enough my Military Star account is now reporting as IIB, so those lates won't hurt my score anymore.

So it does seem like this misreporting was on Equifax's end, and not on Military Star's end. Equifax wasn't doing their job. Do I really have a case here to sue Equifax?

Message 23 of 24
stinastina
Established Contributor

Most legal consultations are free so it would not hurt to ask a FCRA attorney. I would recommend the one DH is using if we were further along in the process. But you can do a google search for one - this is federal law so they don't have to be in your state and just ask if they will take your case. 

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.